How do I attach standards to my courses?
To attach standards to individual courses go to Course Settings
and click on Course Standards.
Please note, in order to add standards to the courses the School Standards
tree must be populated.
- Within the "course lookup" screen, locate a course that you would like to add standards to. Please note, if an elementary school wishes to display the report card standards (sub-categories by subject area) in a class, the user must attached the standards from the School Standards Tree to the Course Standards. For example, the report card standards for Math will be attached to the Math Class, the Reading standards will be attached to the Reading class, etc.
- You can select the course by clicking on the wrench at the right-hand side of your screen.
- Once selected, the school standards tree will populate on the left-hand side of the screen and the selected standards on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Check-off the standards you would like to add to the course. Selecting a folder will automatically select all the standards contained within the folder.
- To choose individual standards, open the folder by pressing the "+" sign. This will display all standards within the folder. You can click on more than one standard at a time. Choose the desired standard and click on Transfer Selected.
- Once the transfer is complete, the Selected Standards column will populate. Click Save.
- After you click on the Save button, a second window will pop-up and ask if you would like to apply changes to all courses. Teachers will be given the option to save the standards to their courses/ subject. Administrators will be given the option to save the standards to all courses in the school.
- After making the selection, click on "apply changes" . Selected standards will be added to your courses.