Can I alter how grades are displayed in Skedula?Yes. To define how grades are displayed in Skedula and PupilPath go to Course Settings and then Grade Outputs.
- Start by selecting a course from drop-down menu. This option gives you the liberty of defining how grades are displayed for individual courses.
- The teacher view of the Student Grade Book (from the Class Averages Page) always displays grades in 3 ways: the input value, the point value and the percentage. Teachers can use the Grade Outputs screen to control which of these options are displayed on the Student Portfolio page and in Pupil Path.
- Teachers can display any combination of these items. Displaying all 3 views is the default option in Skedula. No changes have to be made to display grades.
- Display Input Value: Will display the mark used for the grade. For example, if the grade entered is ABS (absent), it will show as ABS
- Display Point Value: (points earned/ total possible points) For example, if a pop- quiz is worth maximum 10 points and a student receives 9, grade displayed 9/10
- Display Percentage: Display the percentage earned. Using the previous example, the grade will display as 90%
Numeric Grades – Teachers can choose to display their averages on the student progress page in 3 ways:
- "Display Raw Percentage"- Displays the actual percentage. This is the default option in Skedula. No changes have to be made to display grades.
- "Display 5 Percentage Range" - A 5-point range for the average
- "Display 10 Percentage Range" - A 10-point range for the average
- Only items defined as GRADES in the valid template will be displayed using the conversion. Grades defined as SPECIAL will be displayed with the numerical conversion value.
Default Marking Period
Teachers can select the marking period average that will be displayed in the Student Portfolio Grade Tab and on
Pupil Path. The marking period must be chosen using the Default Marking Period drop-down menu. Marking
Period 1 is and will continue to be the default marking period. Teachers must change this display feature to
display the current average to students and parents on Pupil Path.
Define Color Ranges and Icons; Teachers can choose the grade ranges for the different color and icon options for grades on the Class Averages page (Skedula), the Student Progress Report (Skedula and Pupil Path) and the bars on the Performance report (Skedula and Pupil Path).
- The grade ranges can be changed by dragging the sliders on the color bar. The exact number of the change will be displayed below the bar near the icon. The default setting is and will remain Failing (0-64), Borderline (65-79),Passing (80-89) and Honors (90-100). No changes have to be made to display grades.
Push Notification RulesTeachers can also select whether Skedula will automatically notify a parent or a student of the student's grades and attendance record.
- Grades: By default, the notification for grades is disabled. However, if a teacher chooses to enable this function, they must un-check the box. The user also has the option to include the number of minutes the notification is delayed before delivery.
- Attendance: By default, the notification for attendance is disabled. However, if a teacher chooses to enable this function, they must un-check the box. In this setting, the user also has the option to include the number of minutes the notification is delayed before delivery.
- When ready click on “Save To”. A second window will open that will allow the user the option to save the define grade output to all courses. (Please note, a teacher account can only save information for their classes. An administrative account can save changes to all the classes within the school). Simply check-off the box next to the desire courses and hit “Apply Changes".